Harken Performa™ winches are for racers and cruisers who use high-tech line who don’t want to invest in a carbon winch, or who need smaller sized winches.
The Performa design combines the efficiency of Harken Radial® winches with the sandblasted grip of its Carbon Fiber racing winch for a powerful hybrid. Sandblasted drum with diagonal ribs engineered for halyard and sheeting applications using smaller high-tech racing line. Spring-loaded upper jaw adjusts under line pressure to accept a variety of line sizes; teeth grip evenly with or without load. Self-tailing winches transfer high loads to the winch with fewer wraps, allowing a single crew member to trim and ease sails quickly.
• Weight saving aluminum drum
• Composite roller and thrust bearings reduce friction under load
• Excellent corrosion resistance, lubrication is not required
• Drums with integrated skirt available in aluminum
• Load-carrying gears, pins, and pawls are 17-4 PH stainless steel
• Snap-fit design keeps bearings captive in a high-strength, Delrin® cage
Note that the difference between the Performa 50 2-speed and 50 3-speed winches is that the 3-speed winch has an extra, lower gear for faster line retrieval.
Likewise for the 60 2-speed vs. 60 3-speed models.