You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
This is a gray and yellow, all metallic, watertight, shore power (female) connector body with a watertight cover rated to a maximum of 200 Amps at 600 volts AC, or 250 volts DC. It mates with the M5200PS1 plug.
Use this covered connector for creating 200A extension cords and adapters.
Note that this connector CANNOT physically mate with the M5200BS1R inlet.
Hubbell is the first to offer a UL Listed 200 Amp Marine Ship-To-Shore Power System — the only 200 Amp-rated Ship-to-Shore System built specifically for mega-yachts.
• Type 3,4, 4X rated per UL50 standard for superior water resistance
• UL Listed and CSA Certified
• Interchangeable with other UL1686 configured Series C1 Listed devices
• Terminal screws feature swivel/pressure pads to secure, and prevent damage to conductor strands
• Cable clamp captures cable at four points; provides superior retention
• Housing is made of copper-free aluminum with an electrostatically applied epoxy/polyester finish
• Accepts a wire range of #1 AWG - 250 MCM; copper only (0.653" max. individual conductor diameter)
• Cable size: 1" - 2.5"
• Pins and sleeves are made of nickel-plated tellurium copper for superior corrosion and heat resistance
Hubbell 200 Amp devices are listed to UL 1682 and UL Classified for the mating and operation of 200 Amp devices.
Mates with Cooper®, Crouse-Hinds®, Arktite®, or Appleton® Powertite® (when installed in accordance with instructions furnished with device).
Heavy on the technical side...
UL 1686 C1 Pin and Sleeve Additional Features:
• Per National Electrical Code requirements, to reduce the likelihood of electrical shock, non-current carrying metallic components are grounded (Style 1 grounding style - the "S1" in the part number)
• Shroud/housing seal on inlet or plug provides a watertight and dust-tight seal when mated with receptacle or connector
• Shrouded outer sleeve also protects individual contacts from deforming due to physical abuse, and protects the user from the possibility of touching live contacts during insertion and withdrawal of mating parts
• Locking ring provides a UL Type 4X watertight and dust-tight seal when the male and female devices are connected
• Watertight neoprene sealing gland provides a reliable seal at the cable entry point
• Spring-loaded, gasketed cover provides a UL Type 4X watertight and dust-tight seal on connectors and receptacles
• Lid-stay on inlets, receptacles and covered connectors allows the cover lid to stay open to provide a hands-free means of holding the cover in the open position for engaging mating device, troubleshooting or maintenance purposes
• All-brass sleeve contacts provide reliable electrical contact with mating pins
• Pins incorporate patented beryllium copper springs to maintain high unit pressure on mating sleeves, and ensure reliable electrical contact while minimizing heat rise due to normal pin wear over time
• Each pin and sleeve has its own watertight and dust-tight O-ring seal to assure that contamination will not enter wire chamber
• Molded thermoset polyester pin chambers in connectors and receptacles confine normal arcing during make and break cycle when mating devices, and provide high resistance to electrical tracking and high temperatures from overload or arcing. Thermoset properties also provide dimensional stability for this critical assembly
• Terminal screws are combination phillips/slotted head design
• Powerful mechanical cord grip incorporates two molded-in teeth to securely grip the outer cable jacket and internal conductors to prevent slippage and strain on terminations. Captive barrel nuts ease assembly and allow higher tightening torque for maximum cord retention
• Watertight, tapered bore cord entrance creates high compression forces on sealing gland, providing a watertight seal around cord. Individual solid neoprene glands are supplied to match a full range of cord sizes and assure watertight performance
• Large, square, tapered terminal entrance holes isolate each conductor to protect against shorts due to stray conductor strands. The tapered holes provide a fast and easy guide into the termination chamber
• Pins and sleeves have anti-vibration, interlocking box terminals to ensure that terminal screws remain secure and cannot loosen. The floating box is designed to obtain high-torque values without damaging stranded conductors