With all the features of Lewmar's Self-Tailing winches, Lewmar electric winches provide convenient and safe push-button control of your sails. Suitable for boats as small as 30 feet, they provide the perfect combination of drum speed, power and torque, to ensure smooth and efficient sail trimming. All these winches provide a 2-speed manual override function for back up, or for use as a trditional winch. Lewmar's electric winches come in two series.
• E Series are On/Off winches, and run at only one speed; best suited for halyards, where there is little need for continued adjustments
• ESL Series winches have a load-sensing, variable speed motor which starts out at a high line speed, and slows down as the load increases - so you always have the control you need in any situation. Functionally, they mimic the way you would use a multi-geared manual winch.
• All winches listed are 12 VDC, and are thermal overload protected
• Kits include deck unit, motor/gearbox, contactor (solenoid) (E-Kits, 40-48) or control box (ELS-Kits, 50-65), circuit breaker (sizes 40-50) or fuse (sizes 54-65), and windlass-style deck switch
• Table: Height and Line Entry are each height above deck; Depth is motor depth below deck level; Speeds are: Manual + Electric