Originating from customer feedback asking for a lighter windlass, Lewmar developed the CPX range of lightweight vertical windlasses to complement their popular all stainless steel V-Series.
CPX windlasses feature the tried and tested V-Series worm-wheel gearbox architecture and use quality materials throughout - weight saving hard-anodized aluminum for the base and strong cast stainless steel for the gypsy top cap and chain pipe cover.
• Suitable for most boats from 33 to 42 ft in length
• 15% lighter than comparable all-stainless windlasses
• For rope, chain, or combination rodes (3-strand or 8-plait rope required)
• Available in low profile gypsy only or gypsy/capstan models
• Modern architecture with fewer parts for increased reliability
• Motor can be rotated to any of seven positions for easier installation
• Designed for easier servicing
• Stainless steel top cap, gypsy and chain pipe with alloy base
• Worm-gear driven for ultimate reliability and safety
• Typical deck thickness is 1-1/2" to 2" supplement thinner decks with a suitable backing plate, if necessary; an optional extended shaft version is available for thicker decks by special order; please inquire at 800-426-6930
• IP68 motor gearbox (suitable for continuous immersion) is available by special order
• Optional Manual Recovery Adapter is sold separately (#66840054 for gypsy only model; #66840056 for gypsy/drum model)
• 12 volt motor is standard; 24 volt models available by special order
• Note that G4, G40, G43, and High Test (HT) chains are equivalent for sizing purposes
What's in the box: windlass, mounting gasket and studs, up/down rocker switch, a dual direction solenoid (contactor), and a circuit breaker
Is one of these windlasses a good choice for your boat? You can use the recommended typical boat lengths provided or, for a more rigorous determination, take the total weight of your ground tackle (anchor + rode) and multiply by 4. The maximum pull capability of the windlass should be at least as large as the resulting number.