You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
The Maxwell AnchorMax is a versatile capstan or general purpose electric winch for use as an anchor winch, pot hauler, or davit winch on smaller boats.
The compact, fully sealed gearbox is driven by a vertically mounted, high efficiency permanent magnet motor. Intrusion below decks is minimized, making this an ideal capstan for boats in the 16 to 32 ft range using a rope rode.
• Use for anchor recovery on smaller boats, or for pot-hauling, davit winch, or line hauling from any direction (compare to in-line only rope hauling on horizontal windlass capstans)
• Do not use as an electric halyard or sheet winch, nor as a mooring capstan; see below for details
• Approximate line speed is 75 ft/min at low loads
• High power to weight ratio: 850 lb pull, yet weighs only 17.6 lb
• Minimal intrusion below decks: 3-3/32" dia. motor hangs straight down to a depth of only 6-7/8"
• Highly polished 316 stainless steel drum and marine grade aluminum alloy gear housing
• Easy installation - no dismantling of the winch is necessary
• Spur gear drive mechanism
• Weight: 17.6 lb
• 2 year warranty (1 year for commercial use)
What's in the box — single direction (clockwise) electric capstan, one (1) high amperage (no solenoid required) black covered foot switch, mounting fasteners, mounting template and instructions.
NOTE — Unlike Maxwell's VC Vertical Capstans which have worm gear dirves and are purpose built for high load applications, the AnchorMax has a spur gear drive - so it should not be used for holding static loads.
If used for high load hauling of running rigging (e.g. halyards) or for dock docking and mooring operations, the AnchorMax gears can be pulled in reverse (gears turning backwards) the second you release the footswitch, and you will not be able to maintain tension on the line as you attempt to cleat it off.
Instead, use a VC Series capstan for halyards, sheets, and mooring operations, as their worm drive will not unwind under high loads while you transfer the line from your hands to a cleat (mooring), or engage a rope clutch (halyard).
Click here to see the Installation and User Manual for the AnchorMax Capstan.