Not everyone needs or wants a powered windlass. Designed with those users in mind, the manual Easyweigh 500 is Muir's smallest manual windlass (there is a larger 650 model available).
Typically suited for vessels up to 38 ft (12m), the Easyweigh 500 windlass can also be used for hauling in a variety of deck operations.
Its above deck installation is fast and simple.
These windlasses are available without an attached chainpipe in a round base configuration (VM/VMCapstan 500), or fitted with an integral hawse pipe (VM/VMCapstan500Hawse).
Featuring an independent low profile top or capstan and gypsy the units can also be mounted horizontally in the anchor locker, or used as an auxillary unit for line hauling or fishing use.
The low profile, light weight, compact design make this unit ideal for the racing enthusiast who cannot afford the weight or space of a powered windlass, or for those doing serious ocean cruising or racing who don't want to have to rely on battery power.
Available to suit chain and rope combination or chain only, the heavy duty knurled capstan operates independently of the gypsy and provides
increased line grip.
Precision engineered for quick and efficient hauling, the ratchet manual operation system is operated with a standard sheet winch handle and manually released with the same handle.
• Rope chain combination gypsy for rope and chain combination or chain only
• Gypsy with capstan (VMC) or gypsy with low profile clutch top arrangement (VM)
• Round base model (VM/VMC) or integral hawse pipe model (VM/VMCH)
• Luxury chrome finish over marine grade bronze
• Independent gypsy and capstan operation
• Capstan models feature heavy duty knurled finish for increased grip
• Cone clutch/brake
What's in the box — windlass with chainwheel (please specify chain type in the Shopping Cart Comment Field when ordering), stainless steel mounting bolts, clutch release and manual operation handle, Installation/Operation booklet
Heavy on the technical side...
Chain and gypsy options for the Muir Easyweigh 500 Manual windlass:
• 5/16" BBB = MPA1000080 gypsy
• 3/8" BBB = MPH1000099 gypsy
• 1/4" HT = MPA1000113 gypsy
• 5/16" HT = MPA1000080 gypsy
• 3/8" HT = MPA1000112 gypsy