You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Vivid Bright Color Antifouling - Bright White (Gallon)
Vivid offers the brightest colors, the blackest black, and the whitest white available. Dual biocides provide excellent multi-season protection even in waters with aggressive fouling.
And its hard smooth finish is excellent for racing, as well as trailering or rack storage.
Vivid bottom paint's hybrid resin technology is in a unique category – combining the best attributes of both hard and ablative technologies.
It works by leaching biocides just as a traditional hard paint does. However, once the surface biocide is gone the paint film will break down in water and “powder off” – exposing a new layer of biocide.
This self-polishing surface resists build-up, and can be burnished to a porcelain-like, slick, racing finish if desired.
Vivid can safely be used on aluminum hulls and outdrives when applied over your choice of the recommended primers. See Accessory Products.
Traditional hard racing finishes typically have little or no antifouling capabilities, but Vivid provides highly effective, dual-biocide, multi-season protection against aggressive fouling and slime in all waters (performs best when the boat is used periodically).
The main differences between Vivid and Black Widow – Pettit's similar high-performance antifouling paint – are that Vivid comes in six bright colors (customizable by mixing), while Black Widow contains multiple slickening agents and only comes in black or dark blue.
Vivid features –
• Unique chemistry results in clean, bright colors
• Hybrid technology incorporates all the benefits of both ablative and hard bottom paints
• Super smooth, durable finish is excellent for racing
• Hard surface withstands the abuse of trailering and dry storage, and minimizes biocide loss when cleaning or powerwashing
• Can be hauled for extended periods and then re-launched without loss of protection
• Resists paint build up over time
• Available in six primary colors which can be mixed to create custom colors
• Dual biocides offer excellent multi-season protection - 25% cuprous thiocyanate (protects against hard growth), 2.8% zinc pyrithione (protects against slime and soft growth)
• Vivid is certified by Lloyds Register
• Vivid must be applied in thin coats in order to work properly
• Application: Apply in thin coats by brush, 3/16" or less nap roller, airless or conventional spray
• Thinner: Pettit 120 Brushing or Pettit 121 Spraying Thinner
• Theoretical coverage is 440 ft²/gallon; at least 1 coat per season with more coats for extended service; 65% solids (by vol.)
• When applying by brush or roller 2 thin coats are recommended, but 3 coats if burnishing
• When applying by spray 3 thin coats are recommended, but 4 coats if burnishing
• Excessive film thickness may cause poor adhesion and film cracking
Heavy on the technical side...
White copper is one of the secrets to Vivid's incredible success. Clean white in color, this copper biocide is lightweight and so effective it requires 50% less biocide content than the heavy, reddish brown cuprous oxide used in conventional antifoulants.
Mixed with bright color pigments, the clean white base produces the brightest antifouling colors plus the whitest white and the blackest black.
|Selected||SKU #||MFG #||Availability|
|SKU #: 149665||MFG #: 1116106|
9 In Stock
|SKU #: 149689||MFG #: 1116108|
5 In Stock
|SKU #: 149677||MFG #: 1126106|
7 In Stock
|SKU #: 149738||MFG #: 1126108|
Special Order Only
|SKU #: 163861||MFG #: 1136106|
2 In Stock
|SKU #: 164689||MFG #: 1136108|
Special Order Only
|SKU #: 164688||MFG #: 1146106|
4 In Stock
|SKU #: 164690||MFG #: 1146108|
7 In Stock
|SKU #: 149678||MFG #: 1166106|
8 In Stock
|SKU #: 149739||MFG #: 1166108|
Out of Stock
|SKU #: 149679||MFG #: 1186106|
35 In Stock
|SKU #: 149740||MFG #: 1186108|
4 In Stock