382 is the shorter series of Race-Lite's small boat halyard shackles. (The 326 series is somewhat longer.)
The 382 halyard shackles, in turn, come in two sizes - with 3/16" pins or 1/4" pins. The 1/4" pin versions are slightly larger than the 3/16" pin versions:
The "A" size has a 3/16" pin and has internal dimensions of 9/16" x 1-5/32".
The "B" size has a 1/4" pin and has internal dimensions of 5/8" x 1-7/16".
The 382 shackles also come in two styles:
- With a hole in the top for a wire shackle to pass through (then secured with a crimp-on stopper). This is designated by a "W" in the part number.
- With a keeper bar to hold rope halyards captive. Designated by the lack of a "W" in the part number.
These are the rope halyard versions of the 382 shackles.
• Stamped stainless steel construction
• Models with keeper pin for rope halyards have a saddle-shaped top to eliminate halyard chafe
• Standard turn-style key pin closure
• Available pin keeper spring for a more secure pin closure (designated by an "L" in the part number)