You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Spin-on Series Replacement Filter Elements are compatible with Racor’s Spin-On Fuel Filter / Water Separator assemblies.
These Aquabloc® filter elements provide –
• Exceptional removal of both bulk and emulsified water
• Low fuel flow restriction
• High dirt holding capacity
• Highest quality of materials and construction
• Meet or exceed strictest OEM specifications
Their unique design makes them capable of performing in modern diesel and gasoline engine applications – where high fuel delivery pressures can cause any escaped particles of dirt or water to score and erode precision components, leading to engine damage and increased expense and downtime.
Element Features –
• Spin-On design makes changing filter elements quick and easy
• Aquabloc® removes almost 100% of water and moisture contaminates
• Deep, high surface area pleats in the element trap particulates and extend filter service life
• Corrosion resistant powder coated body is easy to grip
• Replacement gasket and O-ring are included with element to prevent leakage
Racor’s proprietary Aquabloc® media is the actual “filtering” part of their filter elements:
The Aquabloc® media is a complex, multi-layered blend of high-grade cellulose and synthetic nanofibers. It incorporates pleated corrugations and a graduated pore structure as fuel moves toward the center (exit) of the element to increase dirt-holding capacity and extend filter life.
This particulate filtering aspect is combined with a unique, permanent, waterproofing chemical treatment applied to the fibers.
Water will not cling to, nor get absorbed into, the filter media as the Aquabloc® totally repels it, allowing the water to settle and collect at the bottom of the filter housing.
Aquabloc® elements repel water and remove solid contaminants from fuel at 98% efficiency of their nominal micron rating.
To meet a variety of engine requirements and account for fuel filters commonly being used in multi-filter installations, three different micron ratings are available. Each is color-coded to make micron ratings easy to identify:
• 30 micron (98%@30 micron) – with Red lettering – Ideally suited as a pre-filter to protect subsequent downstream filters from excessive contamination. Extends the life of on-engine filters
• 10 micron (98%@10 micron) – with Blue lettering – Captures more contaminants than 30 micron elements, and is more effective at stopping water. Extends the life of the entire fuel system
• "2" micron (98%@4 microns) – with Brown lettering – Provides maximum water removal and filtration and is capable of protecting all modern injection systems, while greatly extending the life of difficult-to-service on-engine filters
Gaskets and O-rings are included with replacement elements to provide the best possible seal between the filter head and re-usable bowl.
Fisheries recommends having spares aboard to be prepared for unexpected clogs caused by tainted fuel from the dock, or debris and algae from the tank when fuel has been stirred up by rough seas.
For a more detailed overview of how Racor Aquabloc® filters work and how they compare to competing elements, refer to the Manufacturer Resouces links in this entry.