You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Easily installed into or removed from a pre-made soft eye. The Nylite spool (thimble) is only 15% the weight of steel. The components of this connector assembly will not deform or rupture from repeated loadings.
Each assembly consists of a spool (thimble), chafe shield, and a shackle — the spool and shackle are matched in strength, and are comparable to that od modern synthetic ropes.
• Working loads, as given, are based on pin-bore relationships provided by use of the Nylite Shackle. When using a non-standard pin, the working load as given does not apply
• An HP aluminum spool is available for use with high-performance Class II ropes in sizes -1 through -5
• Aluminum spools are not recommended for continuous use in submerged marine environments
• All working load values are based on a 4:1 safety factor
• Assembly ratings are based on the use of designated spools and shackles. Spools used in conjunction with other hardware are not rated by Samson