This small "black box" device is an electronic interface for thruster motor controls and includes the newest IPC circuitry. It is located directly under the solenoid.
Intelligent Power Control (IPC) adds a number of safety features to older SP series thrusters, including protection against accidental operation, over-heat protection, and a minimal safety delay when changing drive directions to reduce mechanical wear.
• Monitors solenoid and control system operation for proper functioning
• Reduces solenoid contact wear
• Automatically provides safety shutdown of thruster in the case of a malfunction
• Solid state switching (no mechanical relays) provides additional reliability
• Can be used with any 4-wire or 5-wire controls made after 1988
Control Delay Box - this new IPC model replaces older 61230i, 61231i and 61232i items.