You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Late Model GM Marine Engine Starters, 14" Flywheel
Sierra's most popular starters have been re-engineered to stand up to the tough demands of marine engine applications.
Harsh marine environments can be tough on vital engine components. To ensure that your engine continues to start and run reliably Sierra has re-engineered its most popular starters to stand up to the elements. Upgrades include a superior connection between the solenoid and commutator brushes, upgraded planetary seal, and a robust clutch gear spring to maximize life span and reliability.
The new solenoid design provides optimum performance by utilizing higher quality materials and offers an increased battery stud length for easier installation. Seals are strategically integrated to reduce opportunities for water intrusion.
Should moisture find a way in, our one way moisture valve and relief cuts provide a way for water to exit the starter before corrosion begins.
• Improved solenoid design for maximum reliability - Many times, a weak battery can be the source of new starter malfunctions. Solenoids that require higher amperage can fail to start when the battery cannot deliver sufficient power.
Sierra's new high performance solenoid design and improved solenoid material spec allow for a lower pull in current compared to the competition which results in a more reliable starter in the case of a partially discharged battery
• Engineered to reduce water intrusion - Corrosion is a leading cause in marine starter failures. Sierra’s new line of starters are engineered to minimize the opportunity for water to enter the system and prevent water accumulation. These preventative measures increase the life of your starter and provide many years of reliable service.
• Improved housing - In order to prevent water intrusion, Sierra’s new line of starters are designed to seal off the internal components from the extreme elements found in the marine environment.
• Duckbill valve - Preventing corrosion is vital to the reliability of your starter. Should moisture find a way into the housing, Sierra has incorporated a one-way valve and relief cuts to remove moisture and prevent water accumulation.
• Painted surface - The starter housing is painted to prevent rust and corrosion on the exterior surface while keeping your starter looking like new after many years of service.
|Selected||SKU #||MFG #||Availability|
|SKU #: 1016569||MFG #: 18-5913-1|
9 In Stock
|SKU #: 1016570||MFG #: 18-5919-1|
1 Remaining In Stock
|SKU #: 1016571||MFG #: 18-6275-1|
Out of Stock
|14" Flywheel; 1999 & Newer MCM 3.0L|