A safer, affordable, easy-to-use alternative to twist-lock shorepower connections.
SmartPlug's innovative shape and secure locking mechanism protect against loose connections and corrosion - the leading causes of "burned out" shore power connectors, as well as marine fire and electrocution.
One of the primary causes of electrical arcing and overheating in twist-type designs is the fact that the electrical pins bear the weight of the cord, and can eventually work themselves loose. The SmartPlug’s very strong sleeve design ensures that the body of the plug, not the electrical pins, bears any weight or tension - keeping those points of electrical contact firm and secure.
Engaging a SmartPlug shore power cord is so easy — the connector and inlet bodies nest together so aligning the pins happens all by itself.
Locks on both sides of the connector snap into the inlet so you can both feel and hear the positive connection being made - no twisting required.
To release, simply squeeze the two side levers and pull.
Watch this informative 1 minute video demonstrating the revolutionary safety and convenience features of the SmartPlug.
• Easily retrofits to replace your boat's existing shorepower inlet - even the mounting holes align
• Reduces electrical shorts from loose connections
• Intuitive to use - only one plug-in orientation - even in the dark
• Easy-to-connect straight pins - with larger contact surface area than curved pins
• Locking lid prevents accidental opening
• Triple waterproof neoprene seals prevent corrosion
• To replace a plug or connector on an existing cordset, just cut off the old end, strip the wires and fasten to the SmartPlug
• Certified ETL, and meets ABYC E-11 standards
• Incredible 7-year warranty
Includes: 30A Inlet, rear mounting gasket, installation instructions.
Click here for additional information about SmartPlug features and how they offer significant improvements over traditional twist-lock connectors.