You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
This micro-sized folding knife is fully functional, impressively sharp, and very much at home on a keychain. The trademark Round Hole is much more user friendly than traditional nail nicks.
With a blade that is just over 2" the GrassHopper's size is closest to that of a true penknife. Its PlainEdge 3Cr13 stainless steel blade stays open when you're cutting, held by resistant pressure at the knife's pivot area.
GrassHopper handles are chamfered with no squared-off edges to dig or bite into a gripping hand. The stainless steel handle has a laser-engraved Spyderco bug and enough blank area for a small amount of engraving or customization as jewelry or a gift item.
A lanyard hole in the handle welcomes a chain for wear around a neck or a keychain.
• Blade Shape — Leaf Shaped Blade, developed by Spyderco, is similar to a spear point but is not quite symmetric, and is only sharpened on one side
• Blade Grind — Full Flat Grind blade shape with flat bevels that extend from near the spine of the blade all the way down to the cutting edge. This grind reduces drag during cutting, and decreases overall weight since a fair amount of metal is removed. Flat grind blades are difficult to produce, so they are rarely seen in high production commercial knives. The flat grind sacrifices some edge durability in favor of increased sharpness
• Blade Edge — the GrassHopper SS has a traditional Plain, or Smooth, edge which cuts cleanly and sharpens quickly and easily
• Trademark Spyderco Round Hole allows easy opening of the knife using the thumb of just one hand. In turn, the enlarged Round Hole creates a prominent hump in the top of the blade for your thumb to rest against while cutting.
• Handle — high strength stainless steel with a grip-friendly, ergonomic shape
• At 0.3% carbon, 3Cr13 is a low carbon, utility grade, value oriented steel which will require regular sharpening if you abuse it
• Lanyard hole for keychain or retention cord when used around water, where once dropped, a knife is often irretrievable or lost
• Closed length is 2-3/4"