Clevis Bail snap shackles do not require splicing onto the line, and allow for moving the shackle to various attachments — rings, deck fittings, furlers, rolling furlers, etc.
Trigger snap shackles are designed for applications where the shackle needs to be opened under load - spinnaker sheets and guys, etc.
Although they can be opened under light loads using your fingers, they are typically released - especially under high loads - by inserting a fid or spike into the trigger opening.
• Easy to release, even under full load
• Easily opened and closed using only one hand
• Corrosion resistant super high strength 17-4 PH stainless steel body
• Manufactured, designed and assembled completely in the USA
• Incredible breaking strengths at very light weights
• Every unit is pull tested and opened under several different loads at the factory to ensure proper strength and functioning
• This product should only be used for its intended purpose in sailboat applications