You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Bilge Pump Switch, 12 Volt - 10 Amp
Instead of an unreliable and notoriously short-lived mechanical float switch, the Water Witch Bilge Pump Switches 217 and 230 have no moving parts and require no adjustments. This eliminates the chance of your battery dying or your pump burning out because of a float switch jammed in the "ON" position.
Temperature, humidity or electrical noise will not affect this switch, nor will it interfere with other electronics.
Even with a top layer of oil or gasoline in the bilge, the pump will be activated once the level of fluid in the bilge rises to allow water to come in contact with the switch
• Switch activates pump when the exposed capacitance sensor element is continually exposed to liquid water for 6 to 8 seconds (in saltwater, only one sensor needs to be in contact with bilge water)
• 14 second end-of-cycle delay ensures bilge hose can drain completely without re-activating the pump
• Mounting height of switch determines at what water level the pump is activated — usually mounted just above level of "backflow" water at end of pump cycle
• Can be mounted at any angle, at any orientation
• Can be used with 3-way panel switches (on-auto-off)
• Meets or exceeds both the Canadian & U.S. Coast Guard standards
• Dimensions: 2-5/8"W x1-5/8"H x 1-5/8"D
• Waterproof - impermeable to all bilge substances
• No moving parts
• Normally open switch
• Will not activate in pure gasoline, diesel, or engine oil - requires the ions in water to work
• 7-year limited warranty
Note — The mucus produced by fish and other marine organisms can defeat these sensors.
Fisheries, therefore, does not recommend using this product on vessels used for fishing where fish residue can collect in the bilge.