You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
These are Beckson's Screw-Out Deck Plates where the removable plate has a diamond texture finish - covered with small diamond shapes creating a non-skid surface.
Smooth, dimpled non-skid, and clear removable plate versions are also available - see Related Products, below.
Beckson Screw-Out Plates are designed to provide access without the use of tools.
They incorporate an extra-strong, single-start buttress thread which is non-jamming (no cross-threading) and self-cleaning.
An innovative gasket assures a watertight seal. And a unique back-up structural sealing wall leaves the plate water resistant, even if the gasket is removed.
Deck plates are used for storage access, inspection, and clean out for tanks and compartments, or just as a general access for shut-off valves or back- fastenings.
The clear center plate version permits observation of controls or gauges and visual inspection without the necessity of removing the plate.
A screw-out style plate should especially be used in compartments where a change in air pressure due to temperature or oil-canning may occur.
• Certified Water-Tight
• Gasket seal
• Backup structural sealing wall reduces water intrusion to a trickle - even if the gasket is removed
• Will not open unexpectedly
• No cross-threading for easy closing
• Non-jamming for easy opening
• Non-skid diamond texture surface on plate
• Lightweight, high quality ABS marine plastic
• Not for use in fuel tanks
Dimensions of interest...
• 4" Screw-Out Deck Plates - have a functional (inside) opening of 4", requiring a 4-1/2" cut-out hole and have an overall diameter of 6-1/8".
• 6" Screw-Out Deck Plates - have a functional (inside) opening of 6", requiring a 6-1/2" cut-out hole and have an overall diameter of 8-1/8".
• 8" Screw-Out Deck Plates - have a functional (inside) opening of 7-5/8", requiring a 8-1/2" cut-out hole and have an overall diameter of 10-1/8".
• 4" and 6" screw-out deck plates have two finger holes, 8" screw-out deck plates have 4 finger holes
Click here to read a brief set of Deck Plate Installation Instructions, as well as hints for installing deck plates on various types of deck materials.
Further details regarding water-tight functionality...
Beckson Offers Certified Water-Tight Deck Plates