You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
This line snubber absorb shock on dock lines, booms, dinghies and much more. The patented Progressive Tension Shockles system means that the harder the pull on the Shockle, the stiffer the tension becomes, gradually absorbing any shock load to your boat, cleats, chocks or pad eyes.
Lots of applications: Use to keep constant tension on your dock lines; take the shock out of a boom preventer; soften the pull on D-rings when towing a tender; tie down your boom without tensioning your running rigging; or as a shock-absorbing tack line for lightweight asymmetric spinnakers.
How they work: Two 316 stainless steel carabiners offer quick and simple attachment. UV stable, hollow nylon webbing is sewn over marine-grade elastomer to protect all internal parts. The patented Stretch Limiter prevents LineSnubber from complete failure if it is not rigged properly and allowed to stretch too far.
The correct working range on dock lines is 4"–8" of stretch. Start with four inches and add more slack if surge and chop increase.
All parts rated to at least 2,500lb. Maximum Working Load (MWL).
• LineSnubber reduces shock to any line, cleat or ground tackle, including bow rollers and rigging
• Attaches, adjusts or removes quickly; use a simple clove hitch or a pair of Davis #2460 LineGrabbers
• Reduces or eliminates noise from creaking, groaning dock lines or ground tackle—jarring is minimized, too
• Compensates for tidal surge and chop from wind and waves
• Rigged properly, LineSnubber keeps boats centered in the slip