You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Striking, polished stainless steel, the Lewmar V-Series windlasses utilize a reliable worm drive gearbox, and accept rope-chain or all chain rodes.
Capstan drum models allow for independent winching of other lines - a second anchor rode, mooring lines, running rigging, etc.
• The V5 windlass is suitable for most boats from 48 to 66 ft in length; see Spec Table for details
• Sleek windlass for power or sailboats
• For rope, chain, or combination rodes (3-strand or 8-plait rope required)
• Automatic rope/chain transition
• Power up/power down, with manual free-fall feature
• Cone clutches provide large braking surface for precise control when lowering in free-fall mode
• Manual recovery system is available as a separate option by special order; please inquire at 800-426-6930
• Standard 12 volts, 24 volts is available • Typical deck thickness is 1" to 2-1/2"
• Note that G4, G40, G43, and High Test (HT) chains are equivalent for sizing purposes
• 3-year warranty
What's in the box — windlass, mounting studs and base gasket, up/down rocker switch, dual-direction solenoid, and circuit breaker
Is one of these windlasses a good choice for your boat? You can use the recommended typical boat lengths provided or, for a more rigorous determination, take the total weight of your ground tackle (anchor + rode) and multiply by 3. The maximum pull capability of the windlass should be at least as large as the resulting number.