You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Galvanic isolators solve a common cause of corrosion by interrupting galvanic circuits with other boats and the dock when your boat is plugged into a shore power system.
They do this by preventing stray DC corrosion-producing currents from passing through the AC green wire, while still maintaining AC ground safety. They also protect against anode ("zinc") loss.
The ProSafe FS installs easily and does not require a dedicated monitor to verify the operational status of the galvanic isolator - in contrast to non-FailSafe Certified galvanic isolators.
The ProSafe FS 30 & 60 are built using robust diodes, thus ensuring that in the event of a failure, onboard AC ground continuity is not compromised.
• Fail Safe certified; ABYC A-28 July ’08 compliant; UL certified
• Ignition protected
• Can be mounted within an engine compartment
• Corrosion-proof gold-plated terminals
• Robust high power diodes allow the FS Series to meet the new FailSafe criteria for conducting inrush currents of 3,000 amps (FS 30) and 5,000 amps (FS 60)
• The FS 60 contains a fan for self-cooling should it have to conduct current in the event of failure (say from a lightning strike)
• Size according to the amperage of your AC system