You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Racor Turbine Fuel Filters have a world-wide reputation as the best engine protection you can install.
Now, Racor has upgraded the larger 900 and 1000 models of their Turbine Fuel Filters with features that make this new generation of “V-Series” filters easier to use, more efficient, and more reliable.
The re-designed Racor 900FV Double Turbine Filter in this entry has less resistance to flow, adds extra in/out ports, and improves water separation.
A large shut-off valve has been integrated into each individual unit eliminating the need for manifolds and up-stream valves in the fuel delivery line.
This Dual Filter configuration has two main advantages —
• Using both filters simultaneously, you can achieve higher maximum flow capacity, with the ability to isolate one filter at a time, if necessary, for servicing the water collection bowl or filter element without having to shut down your engine.
• You can size the unit so you only need to use one of the pair, thus keeping the second filter as a permanent immediate backup, should the first one become clogged while underway.
Suitable for colder weather applications, these double filters include optional heaters.
The heating units are situated in the body of each filter, directly below the filter element for maximum heat transfer in cold weather starting and operation. These heaters begin to work in just a few moments, place minimal demand on the battery, and are particularly important for today's modern fuel blends and the requirements of advanced electronic diesel engines.
At the heart of every V-Series Turbine unit, is an upgraded service filter element featuring new, third generation Aquabloc® Synergy media.
The new "V" type service filters are designed for the "V" filters, but they are also backward compatible with previous turbine filters.
Key features of this new V-Series 900FV Double Turbine fuel filter/water separator –
• Maximum flow rate 180 gph (681 lph)
• Factory installed 325W plate heater with wiring harness §
• A large-handled integral shut-off valve on each unit – easy to see, eliminates manifolds, extra fittings, and upstream valves
• Larger inlet/outlet ports for less restrictive flow
• Two (2) inlet and two (2) outlet ports allow installation in any configuration required to meet fuel delivery needs
• A new conical baffle turbine design and filter media for improved water separation and filtration
• Replacement filter element – 2040V
V-Series features in detail –
• Individual Integrated On/Off Valve for each filter – eliminates the extra valves and complicated manifold plumbing found on older multi-filter installations
Isolates the filter element for simplified replacement.
The valve position is easy to see from across the engine room.
Large size and intuitive operation makes the valve position easy to use and avoids selection errors.
• Top-Loading Filter Element – for easy service
Supplied standard with a 10 micron V-Series filter element (can be exchanged for user-supplied 2 or 30 micron elements to suit the application)
Toolless access, easy-lift Bail Handle
• Larger 1-5/16” Inlet/Outlet Ports – for less restrictive fuel flow
Less resistance to fuel flow means reduced load on the engine’s fuel pump. Although the ports are larger, maximum fuel flow remains the same, but it’s easier to pull the fuel through the filter.
Each filter is supplied with (2) 3/4” female NPT adapters for the larger 1-5/16-12 UN-2B (SAE 1926-1) straight thread ports, as well as (2) plugs for the unused ports.†
• Dual Inlet/Outlet Ports – increase flexibility and convenience
Right and left side inlet and outlet ports can accommodate any installation requirements. Plumb from the left, plumb from the right, plumb straight across… simplifies installation by minimizing bends, tubing or hose, and number of fittings.
• Upgraded Conical Turbine/Baffle design increases centrifugal efficiency for better water and particle removal
Provides longer filter element service life.
• Integral Port for Vacuum Gauge – 1/4” NPT port is conveniently located on the front of each unit
Installation of a vacuum gauge where it is easy to monitor is essential for knowing when a filter element has become clogged and needs to be replaced. This is a "no brainer" accessory which will save you money in the long run, or possibly prevent an untimely engine shut down.
Additional V-Series Filter features –
• Lightweight Universal Mounting Bracket – included with each filter
• Internal floating ball check valve maintains prime when engine is turned off
• Quick-turn self-venting water drain at bottom of bowl
• Integral port in bowl for water-level sensor
• Powder coated corrosion-free filter housing
• Large see-thru bowl for quick inspection
• Options – Heaters, Priming Pump Kit, water-in-fuel (WIF) sensors
• Not for use with gasoline
NOTE: V-Series Filter assemblies require Racor’s new V-Series Aquabloc® Synergy Service Filter Elements (2040V & 2020V), which have replaced older models of elements.
Aquabloc® Synergy high efficiency media – is both pleated and corrugated to maximize surface area, slowing fuel velocity for better filtration/water capture and more time between replacements.
Each new 2040V (5") or 2020V (10") element includes a new lid gasket and T-handle O-ring.
The new V-Series elements are required for V-Series Filters, and they are also backward compatible with existing 900 and 1000 type turbine filters.
Note – Older 2020/40-OR and more recent 2020N/40N filter elements will not work with the new V-Series Turbine Filters.
NOTE – Installation location of a 900FV filter must allow 5” clearance above the unit for filter element replacement.
§ Due to the power consumption of the heater (12V = 27 amps), an external relay is required for controlling the heater via the vessel's ignition switch. Racor offers relay kits for this application: RK 11861 (12V), RK 11862 (24V); see Accessory Products.
The Relay Kits include instructions on how to connect them to the Racor heater.
† The adapter's UN-2B straight threads seal with an O-ring on the fitting. Seal the NPTF threads at the other end using pipe dope when fitting your hose or tubing adapter. Do not use Teflon® tape, which can shed fragments.