You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
The Next Generation RuleMate® III "Fully Automated" bilge pumps feature non-moving, solid-state water sensors that eliminate the need for a separate float switch.
Three models are available - 500, 800, and 1100 GPH - offering improved flow, an integral non-return valve and anti-airlock protection.
Should oil or debris foul the sensor, "auto-sense" technology coupled with a unique back-up mode prevents the pump from going into a run-away condition – thus preserving the battery while still protecting the vessel by ensuring the pump continues to check for, and pump, water.
Just two-thirds the size of its predecessor RuleMates, the new-look RuleMate III submersible automatic bilge pump will suit compact applications.
The enhanced Rule-Mate pumps have been designed to achieve their advertised flow at just 12 volts. While strong pump flows can be easily generated at higher voltages, the Rule-Mate III offers peace of mind in its flow ability even down to a low 12 volts.
How it works...
When water enters the bilge and reaches depth of 2-1/2", a sensor turns the pump on. As the water is pumped out, another sensor shuts the pump off at a water depth of 5/8". Combined with the integral check valve, this effectively keeps your bilge clear of nuisance water.
Unlike some other automatic bilge pumps, there is no continuous on/off "test" cycling, and therefore no power use until the pump comes on.
The sensors measure dielectric constant, and will only recognize water. In the event of an onboard oil spill, pure motor oil that enters the bilge will not turn the pump on.
RuleMate III bilge pumps contain a fail-safe program that measures the amount of work the motor is performing and the length of time the motor has been running. If debris, such as a wet paper towel or leaves, became lodged against the pump, it could “trick” the pump into thinking water remained in the bilge which could deplete the vessel’s battery.
If the pump's circuit board senses the motor is running but doing little work (not pumping water) for longer than fifteen seconds, the pump will enter into a cycling mode in the same fashion as competitors' "computerized" pumps. This protects the pump, vessel, and the vessel’s batteries against fouled sensors or air-locks.
The pump will attempt to sense water every 2-1/2 minutes, and if it does detect water it will continue to run until the water has been removed from the bilge.
After the debris is removed, the pump will automatically revert to the normal level sensing mode.
This pump has a 1" NPSM (National Pipe Straight Male thread) discharge outlet. Included is a threaded hose barb for 3/4" hose.
• Higher Flow – optimized impeller to provide up to 10% greater flow at the same amperage
• Auto Sense Intelligence - integral water level sensor controls the pump automatically
• Back-Up feature - prevents continuous running if sensor is fouled by debris, pump reverts to 2.5 minute cycle testing mode
• Smaller footprint - new RuleMate III is 2/3 the size of existing model
• Built-in Thermal Cut-Off - provides added protection for pump and vessel
• Back Flow Prevention Check Valve - reduces the amount of water left over in the bilge, reducing odor and helping keep your bilge cleaner
• Hidden Air Vents in the Body – help prevent air locking in challenging plumbing installations and help with check valve operation
• Threaded Discharge - accepts female threaded hose barb for easier installation, easier maintenance