You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Monterey is one of Sea Hawk's water-based/solvent-free antifouling formulations. With a high (54%) cuprous oxide content, tests show Monterey outperforms other water-borne bottom paints against all types of marine fouling.
Monterey is a semi-hard, multi-season, ablative finish that is easy to apply.
Monterey's harder ablative finish lasts longer on higher speed boats, and is abrasion resistant to withstand maintenance scrubbing without removing paint, and trailering and dry storage without coating damage.
• 54% high purity cuprous oxide for a more potent active ingredient
• Provides protection against algae, barnacles, zebra mussels and other fouling organisms
• Withstands removal from water without affecting its antifouling abilities
• Ablative action reduces paint buildup with repeated applications over time
• Low VOC formula is solvent-free and has minimal odor
• Better color consistency for color matching
• Viscosity consistency for better flow and rolling ability
• May be applied over most ablative anitfoulant paints
• Apply by brush, 3/8" roller or airless spray
• Thinner for brush or spray: water
• Theoretical coverage is 320 ft²/gallon; 2 coats recommended, 3 at waterline and other high wear areas; 44% solids (by vol.)
When overcoating a previously painted hull, refer to the Compatibility Chart image in this entry.