You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Sikaflex-296 is a black, one-part, moisture-cured polyurethane adhesive, specifically formulated for the frameless bonding of large mineral glass windows in marine applications.
Frameless bonding is the same technique used to install automotive glass windshields. It eliminates the need for unsightly metal frames and gives incredible design freedom for modern boat building.
NOT just for bonding glass, 296 is Sika's strongest one-part marine structural adhesive.
It bonds to a wide range of substrates, and can be used above or below the waterline.
Note – Successful use of this product requires practice. Suggested for experienced applicators.
• Only available in 20 oz foil packs, and requires a 20 oz dispenser gun; see Accessory Products, below
• Very high 870 psi tensile strength, as well as very high green strength
• Non-sagging; fast skinning - 45 minute tack-free time
• Adheres well to a wide range of substrates
• Resistant to aging and weathering
• Can be tooled to a very fine finish – suitable for exposed joints
• Do NOT use to bond organic (plastic) glass - e.g. polycarbonate (Lexan®) or acrylic (Plexiglas®) — use Sika 295 UV for plastics
• Do not use as a deck seam sealant
• Very short cut-off when terminating the bead; less messy to use
• Moisture-cured; solvent and PVC free
• Bonds very well to itself and other cured polyurethanes
• Thermally and electrically nonconductive
Please refer to the Sika Primer Chart, as well as the Mineral Glass Bonding & Sealing Guide, for specific application information for both the window material and the window frame material.
Note that in the Primer Chart, some applications list both a "Recommended" (top row) as well as an "Alternative" pre-treatment/primer system.
Also note that in the Mineral Glass Guide, Skia "Aktivator 100" is simply called "Aktivator".
NOTE - for the 296 Window Adhesive to bond, you MUST use it in conjunction with both Sika Aktivator 100 pre-treament and Sika Primer 206 G+P for glass — each contains required adhesion promoters.