You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
No More Flares!
Complete compliance kit! Fulfills USCG Night, Day, and audible distress signal requirements.
The new and improved eVDSD SOS C-1003 Beacon is redesigned from the Original Alternative to Pyrotechnic Flares, the wildly successful model C-1001 (now discontinued).
Powered by a high-performance, programmable microprocessor controlling an SOS flash pattern signal flashed through an even brighter and more potent LED, the Sirius Signal SOS C-1003 model is both family-safe and easy to use. Optical design provides an omnidirectional light display for surface rescue craft and a vertical beam visible to aircraft flying overhead. Improved flotation now even higher off the water, is visible up to 10 nautical miles, and the SOS C-1003’s beam lasts for hours compared to the minutes-long lifespan of traditional pyrotechnic distress.
Fulfills carriage of all Coast Guard Compliant Visual Distress Signal (VDS) requirements (46 CFR 175.130) for recreational marine vessels 16 ft and over, signals when combined with the included Distress Flag. A quality Marine whistle is included to fulfill USCG audible signal requirements.
• Flashes USCG spec SOS signal for up to 60 hours
• Runs four times longer than USCG requirements
• Daytime orange distress flag included to fulfill daytime signal requirement.
• Quality marine whistle included to comply with USCG audible signal requirements
• LED power: 75 candelas
• Switch design: Self-cleaning twist-on
• Accidental switch activation protection
• Requires 3-C alkaline batteries — included
• CE (European Union compliant) RoHS compliant
• 4.5" x 4.5" x 8.5" (Height)
• Weight without batteries: 0.41 lbs
• Weight with batteries: 0.8 lbs
• Proudly made in the USA. (complies with the "Buy American Act" – may contain imported components)