You are using a web browser we don't support. Please use the latest version of one of these browsers.
Model 300 S Trim-Control Kit - 12" Straight Blades
A superior alternative to cumbersome trim tab systems, Zipwake is a state-of-the-art, auto-adjusting, fast-acting trim control system for planing and semi-planing boats.
The system is fully automatic and significantly enhances performance, fuel economy, comfort, and safety when accelerating, turning, or running in a seaway.
Zipwake dynamic trim control systems come in the Series "S" for smaller boats and the Series "E" for larger vessels – each in several versions to fit any application.
The basic Series "S" Kits with Straight Blade Interceptors in this entry include: (2) Straight Interceptor Trim Blades in a choice of four sizes – 12", 18", 24" or 30". They are suitable for 20 to 40 ft boats with cruising speeds of 15 to 60 knots.
If necessary for increased trim control, these basic kit systems are easily expanded by installing additional pairs of interceptors. See Accessory Products, below.
Note – If your boat's hull has hard chines, we recommend that you consider a Zipwake Kit with Chine Interceptors, linked below.
Zipwake features –
A Zipwake system provides the lift and stability you need for a safe and comfortable ride at cruising speed.
Compared to conventional trim tabs, Zipwake provides significantly faster (1-2 sec) response times using smaller, more efficient control surfaces. These eliminate pitch and roll while producing less than half the drag and much better fuel economy.
Importantly, Zipwake provides real-time roll control for a more level and much more comfortable ride than "set and forget" trim tabs can provide.
With the boat consistently riding more level than with trim tabs, you will also typically find that you get up on a plane faster, your depth gauges and fishfinders work more accurately, passenger movements are automatically compensated for, and that you are able to cruise at higher speeds without uncomfortable pounding, especially in choppy conditions.
Zipwake systems include a built-in GPS, 3D Accelerometers and Gyro Sensors, and a robust Motion Controller which activates the blade-like “Interceptor” control surfaces mounted along the transom to keep the boat stable and level.
Just press the “Auto” button on the control panel, and Zipwake automatically makes all trim adjustments on a second-by-second basis.
You can also choose to have manual control over adjusting the system to sea conditions.
All parameters of the system are displayed on a sunlight-readable color display.
• Fully automatic, active trim control system
• Dynamically eliminates uncomfortable and dangerous boat pitch and roll
• Automatically minimizes wave resistance in rough conditions for better fuel economy
• Intuitive to use, sunlight readable color control panel displays boat and system status
• Modular design provides built-in quality, simple installation, and easy expansion by adding extra interceptors
• 5 times faster action than conventional trim tabs – fully deploys in only 1 - 2 seconds
• Half the drag of conventional trim tabs – higher speeds, better gas mileage
• Built-in GPS, 3D-Gyro and 3D- Accelerometer
• Supports integration and control by external devices (chartplotters, MFDs) via NMEA 2000 Network
• Extremely low profile virtually eliminates damage from striking objects in the water and damage when backing down
• Tight interceptor tolerances protect against marine growth
• Interceptor sealed thru-transom cables can be installed above the waterline or concealed behind the interceptor
• Engineered and manufactured in Sweden
Selecting Your System –
Zipwake Kits come complete with everything you need including one pair of fast-acting interceptors and all necessary components for real-time trim control.*
For greater trim control, any of these basic two-blade kits can be expanded with additional pairs of interceptors, up to a total of six, without the need for additional connectors or power supplies.
Several shapes and sizes of interceptors are available to accommodate virtually any transom and engine configuration.
Selection of the proper interceptor blade length and any expansion options depends on a variety of factors including hull shape and type, mounting space available on the transom, type (inboard/outboard) and number of engines, as well as exhaust port, swim step, transducer, anode or underwater light locations.
Although more interceptor coverage is typically better, it is possible to over do it and spend more than you need to, or worse, to interfere with propeller performance.
As a result, we urge you to consult with our Fisheries Supply Zipwake specialist before making a purchase.
Please download and fill out the one-page Sizing Questionaire linked under "Manufacturer's Resources" to the right. Fill out as many of the blue fields as you can and email it (attach a photo of the boat's transom, if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can expect a response on the same or next business day.
* Each "S" Kit box includes all parts needed to install a Dynamic Trim Control System with one pair of fast-acting straight interceptor blades —
(1) pair of straight interceptor blades with 9.8 ft (3m) cables and cable covers
(1) distribution unit with 13 ft (4m) power cable
(1) control panel with 23 ft (7m) standard cable
NOTE — The most common accessories purchased are:
Control Panel Cover
Extention Cable – if your boat is more than 24 ft long, you will typically need to purchase an extension for the 23 ft cable supplied with the control panel to connect it to the distribution unit at the transom. See Accessory Products, below.
|Selected||SKU #||MFG #||Availability|
|SKU #: 1007838||MFG #: ZW2011145|
3 In Stock
|SKU #: 1007839||MFG #: ZW2011146|
6 In Stock
|SKU #: 1007840||MFG #: ZW2011147|
2 In Stock
|SKU #: 1007841||MFG #: ZW2011148|
Out of Stock